05 May, 2016

The mysterious case of the FarSight Kickstarter

Two days ago FarSight proposed a new KickStarter campaign. It was a substantial one of more than 100000 $ for the production of the AC/DC Stern pinball



The presentation was particularly interesting since they were talking about the Pinball Digitization Process 2.0, based on a technology allowing them to compile actual game code from Stern into the pinball engine. A promise for new physics was also made and there was question of a Stern Pinball Arcade comprising AC/DC, Ripley's Believe it or Not!, Star Trek, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Starship Troopers and Ghostbusters.

I was preparing a post on this KickStarter project (which I supported without hesitation) when I got a mail: the funding was cancelled. 



No explanation was offered and so the whole thing sounds a little bit mysterious. Perhaps some info will come along and as soon as I get it I will pass it on.

Updated on 06/05/2016

I just received a mail from FarSight saying that they managed, thanks to a new partnership, to secure the funds for the development of the Stern Pinball Arcade without crowd-funding. All's well that ends well.

1 comment:

  1. Hyuk! No news like non-news ;-) "Hey a new pinball. Oops.. sorry , no pinball.. Oops.. Back on again!"
    One thing makes me wonder, Aren't half of those titles tables they already issued? lLke... Star Trek, Ripley's, and Frankenstein... Are they going to replace them then, update them, or issue a second version?
    Or is my memory faulty?

    ReplyDelete